What is Affiliate Marketing and how to get started with Hollywoodbets
Affiliate Marketing – as defined by Investopedia – “is and advertising model in which a company compensates third-party publishers to generate traffic or leads to the company’s products or services. The third-party publishes are affiliates, and the commission fee incentivises them find ways to promote the company.”
The above is definition, while simplistic, is probably the best way to describe affiliate marketing in two sentences. Here though, we’ll be breaking it down further, fleshing out the details and giving you a few tips to get started on your affiliate marketing journey.
What is Affiliate Marketing and how does it work?
Affiliate marketing essentially spreads the responsibility of marketing your products across a number of different parties. It involves three central charaters: the vendor, the affiliate and the end user. Let’s break these down a bit more below in the Hollywoodbets context:
The vendor, in this case, is Hollywoodbets. Unlike an online retailer, Hollywoodbets doesn’t sell any physical products; we sell bets. We would therefore need our Affiliates to market for new registrations.
The Affiliate could be anyone. An individual with digital marketing skills and a bookmaker review website, an organisation that sells space on 100s of websites and apps across the web and everything in-between! The Affiliate will usually have a captive audience who consume a very specific type of content, with the affiliate promoting Hollywoodbets’ competitions and encouraging users to sign up.
If the consumer signs up for a Hollywoodbets account and starts betting, the Affiliate will earn a commission percentage based on revenue generated by consumer for Hollywoodbets.
As we touched on above, the consumer is essentially the end-user in the Affiliate Marketing chain. The consumer can exist on any one of many platforms: social media, a website community, a forum or an app. All that really matters is that the consumer trusts the Affiliate and is willing to take their advice and sign up for a Hollywoodbets account.
How does it all work?
Now that we’ve shone a spotlight on each of the three players in this little trio, let’s break down exactly how affiliate marketing works below. Remember to keep the three players in mind: The Vendor (Hollywoodbets), the Affiliate and the Consumer. Also, another thing to keep in mind is that we’ll be looking at this in the Hollywoodbets context – where affiliates earn a percentage of the of the revenue generated by players who have signed up using their banners/links. Hollywoodbets employs a bespoke affiliate model. Get in touch with our Team to learn more
There are, of course, other models that include pay-per-sale, pay-per-click and pay-per-install to name a few. These aren’t relevant within the Hollywoodbets context, but it’s useful stuff to know if you’re new to Affiliate Marketing and we’d advise you to read up on these models.
How to start Affiliate Marketing with Hollywoodbets
- Prospective Affiliates need to register to by visiting this link.
- Once approved, a member of the Hollywoodbets Affiliate Team will reach out and start the onboarding process. This will provide the new Affiliate with all of the info and training that they require to get started.
- The Affiliate will then pull creative from the Hollywood Affiliates platform and place these banners and images on their website. The unique tracking link placed on each of these pieces of creative will track and clicks and sign ups as well as subsequent deposits and revenue generated by these new players.
- At the end of each month, the Affiliate will pull their reports and invoice Hollywoodbets for the revenue owed to them. Keep in mind that the minimum earning before a withdrawal can be made by an Affiliate is R500.[JD1]
Tips for successful Affiliate Marketing
There’s a reason why some Affiliate Marketers are more successful than others. It takes real work and know-how to build a captive audience who are willing to take your advice on board. Here we’ll take a look at some tips that will set you on the path to Affiliate Marketing success:
- Ensure people can find your website: This is super important. If nobody is visiting your website, you aren’t going to be generating any clicks. Make sure that you are familiar with the basics of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and implement these best practices on your site. SEO (as defined by MOZ) “is a set of practices designed to improve the appearance and positioning of web pages in organic search results. Because organic search is the most prominent way for people to discover and access online content, a good SEO strategy is essential for improving the quality and quantity of traffic to your website.”
- Build trust with your audience:Once your website’s traffic starts to pick up, you need to maintain rapport with your audience. Ideally, you want users repeatedly coming back to your site to read or engage with new content. Once you’ve got a returning captive audience, tailor content to their needs and establish yourself as an expert in the field. Doing so will make visitors to your site far more likely to follow your purchasing advice.
- Diversify the channels through which you deliver your content: This is a great way to reach new people. Once your website is established and you’re pulling traffic you need to take your campaigns to the next level. Start creating emailers, launch social media pages for your site or review products and services on YouTube. Really it’s up to you, but find new innovative ways to put yourself out there.
Get started on you Affiliate Marketing journey with Hollywoodbets
Ready to get you Affiliate Marketing journey started with Hollywoodbets? You can register as a Hollywoodbets Affiliate by clicking on this link. If you have any questions or queries regarding Affiliate Marketing with Hollywoodbets, feel free to reach out to us using our contact page or check out our FAQs.